Saturday, June 21, 2008

A simple introduction

This entry is dedicated to Chantel, a sociable, cheerful and big-hearted girl whose post was the reason why this blog was started.

It was started on the 20th June, Friday because of the amazing coincidence of reading Chantel's post dated 22nd Aug 2006 on her list for her ideal partner and finding my own list (dated 11th November, 2006) right after in my drawer while attempting to pack my room. It inspired a sudden "I must write this down" urge and this blog was born. With blogspot's infrastructure and spontaneous ideas for the theme, title and ideas on it generated on the spot as I needed the information, its delivery duration is 2 hours 30 min.

Chantel is just such a person. Like the way the title of this blog was born (many titles which expresses the theme of ordinary invisibleness was already taken and not available until the analogy of "grass of the field" was found), Chantel has her goals in her mind and grabs the opportunities that will help her move forward.

Different as we are in character, there are a few similarities in our lives. We're the same age, at similar stages in our lives, wrote our list for the ideal partner at around the same time, found our Mr Maybe-Right at around the same period and took salsa at around the same time. We're similarly vexed right now on improving in our shines and our spins in our dancing. What can I say, we're destined to be friends. :)

About this theme... of being ordinary yet knowing my extraordinary value. The affirmation comes not (as you may think) by my boyfriend (as of now) but by the eternal lover of my soul who has placed so many wonderful people in my life. Suffice to say my posts about Him can be found here while this blog is a muse of ordinary events by an ordinary girl whose life is impacted by the people around her - as one blade of grass is related to all the organisms in the field.

Hmm... guess I'll let my entries speak for me... perhaps this entry would be beefed up when I am more inspired...

To Chantel, thanks for being in my life. It had really helped to be friends with someone whose current life stage is so similar to mine, who is also yet so different from me in character. Will be inspired by your example to overcome my natural shyness and be thick-skinned in the pursuit to become even better in salsa. ;)

1 comment:

Chantel said...

dedicated a blog to you as well ;)
Thanks for being my friend :)

http://mindheartsoul.wordpress.com/2008/06/22/a-blog-dedication-to-me-by-a-friend/