Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sex and the City (Singapore version): Season N Ep 1

While trying to concentrate on finishing a sudoku puzzle in the mrt on the way to work, a monologue, loud enough for all the passengers in the MRT cabin to hear, of 1 girl to her friend disturbed my concentration.

(Edited version to removed objectionable words)
Girl 1: (Sobbing loudly) My boyfriend has absolutely no respect for me. Sleeping around with other girls is one thing, but coming back to tell me about their sexcapades? This is totally unacceptable.
Girl 2: (Looking sympathetic while patting her hand)
Girl 1: I mean, what kind of foundation is he building in our relationship? Even if we were to get married, it would go nowhere, we would end with divorce.
Girl 2: (Nodding her head, empathising with her friend)
Girl 1: I can't believe it, we're reached the stage where I'm even considering marrying him. I mean, I've come into this relationship thinking that I can leave him anytime, and now he's left me far too deep in love with him.
Girl 2: You know for me and my boyfriend...
Girl 1: You know he's so sweet, he does... and and .... he had even proposed to me, but then had laughed it off and changed his mind quickly....

This led me to wonder: "When is "enough is enough"?

Your call... ;)

2 comments:

Chantel said...

my call.... is to dump tat jerk!
But then again.. I can understd how difficult it is to let go when your love has gone so deep.

chantel

Ms Carpe Diem said...

I agree! *Hands up and legs up*

It's difficult being a woman, in the end, we're generally the ones who can't let go.