Saturday, June 21, 2008

A relationship is a gift... you'll never know when and what you're going to get

Dedicated to Mrs Matchmaker, who got us to know each other. And HE owes you, he's lucky to have me. :p

It's such a coincidence! After reading Chantel's post, I accidentally came across my "list" while trying to start packing (I'm still officially not packed *argh!!!* ) and had a good laugh about it. It was written in 1st November 2006. Taking a closer look at it, it is actually quite a surprise that my Mr Strong aka Mr Maybe-Right fulfills 70% of my list (the others don't matter. *LOL*) and these are the important qualities:

A Christian
Gentle
Wise
Dependable
Listens and takes into account my opinions
Tolerant (of me)

To bring people who don't know me pre-2006 up to speed, 2006-2007 are the years (after a long time of struggle) when I had gradually become convinced that my gift is the contented, single life. Another surprise was that we had known each other through a friend in a social circle I had never expected my boyfriend to come from.

About the time when I was first introduced to Mr Strong, I had this conversation with our Mrs Matchmaker (whom I first knew on the 3rd Jan 2007):

Mrs Matchmaker: Hey good news!!
Me: Oh! Oh! Don't tell me... you're pregnant!
Mrs Matchmaker: No.....
Me: Aiyoz, you disturbed me in the middle of work... it'd better be big
Mrs Matchmaker: Mr Strong is a Christian!!!
Me: (duhz... ) Ok....

[Quick update: Mrs Matchmaker is really pregnant now - with twins!!!! Congrats Mrs Matchmaker!!!!]

And somehow over time, Mr Strong, whom I had thought would be my Mr Always-be-friends became my Mr Maybe-Right. And now, on coming across this list, it is amazing how much he fulfills my list.

Darn, and I was so convinced my boyfriend would not have popped up from that social circle given that it was not in a church or fellowship setting.

Similarly as to how this relationship is a gift, I have faith our future is a present, no matter how it turns out or what it brings. I'm not sure if he'll be my Mr Right, but I am open to being surprised and in joy... however it turns out.

To Mrs Matchmaker, be very very happy. :)

No comments: