Sunday, June 22, 2008

Attitude's Summer Salsa Splash Party

Summer... the beach, clothing to reduce heat... That's precisely the spirit that Attitude Dance Studio (ADS) inculcated in dancers through their Summer Salsa Splash party in Upper Club on 21st June 2008, Sat with allusions to loosened inhibitions.

Sharon Pakir started the ball rolling by a mini-workshop on simple shines for simple partnerworks. With her "guys, appreciate the butt that your partner pops out" and "girls, if he's paying too much attention to you, get really close and in his face" and with their great dance performances that showcases wonderful musicality, it is nothing short of inspiring.

And inspire me it did. For once in a very long time, I'm able to take a deep breath, reminded myself to go slow and be willing to lengthen the beats, and just style and shine with where my heart takes me. I'm sure my dance partner grimaces at my contortions yesterday night but I believe I'll be improving slowly and surely.

The final fun barometer? Instead of doing my usual Cinderella thing, (I have to. :( My work and lifestyle dictates my waking hours...) when I come up for air from dancing, I glanced at the watch on my friend's wrist and gape that it is already after 12mn! In fact, I'm not deterred from the dance floor even when the aircon broke down just before midnight but simply got right back to dancing till the wee hours of 2a.m.

Of all the parties I've attended, ADS' has always been the most inspiring in terms of their performances, choice of music played and funky (and not too difficult) dance themes. I'm so going for the next party they organise. :)

No comments: